Rocky road can refer to either a chocolate flavored ice cream
or a type of dessert made up of milk and marshmallow.
Happy National Rocky Road day.
Did you know…
- It takes 12 lbs. of milk to make just one gallon of ice cream.
- The U.S. enjoys an average of 48 pints of ice cream per person, per year, more than any other country.
- It takes an average of 50 licks to polish off a single-scoop ice cream cone.
- The biggest ice cream sundae in history was made in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, in 1988, and weighed in at over 24 tons.
- In 2003, Portland, Oregon bought more ice cream per person than any other U.S. city.
Today’s Food History
- 1851 Maine was the first state to ban alcohol.
- 1886 U.S. President Grover Cleveland married Frances Folsom, with the ceremony taking place in the White House. Cleveland is the only…
View original post 158 more words