Duties and responsibilities:
- they determine appropriate monitoring and sampling strategies, if indicated, and conducts these activities
- Maintains, operates, and calibrates a variety of sampling and monitoring equipment
- Evaluates and interprets monitoring and sampling results, makes determinations, and develops corrective strategies
- develop and administers occupational safety and health training
- Evaluates University compliance with applicable federal or state safety codes
Education: must have a high school diploma or GED. go to college and take challenging courses. an bachelor’s degree and need to pass an exam successfully to be a certified industrial hygienist.
Reflection: personally I won’t like to be a industrial hygienist because I don’t find it to be interesting. I don’t want to be going to for a log time so i would rather do something else. It might be a good paying job but i won’t be able to handle all the schoooling they do to be able to finally be a industrial hygienist.